ESTRING is an estradiol vaginal ring indicated for the treatment of moderate to severe urogenital symptoms due to postmenopausal atrophy of the vagina (such as dryness, burning, pruritus, and dyspareunia) and/or the lower urinary tract (urinary urgency and dysuria).
Important Safety Information
Adequate diagnostic measures, including endometrial sampling when indicated, should be undertaken to rule out malignancy in all cases of undiagnosed persistent or recurring abnormal vaginal bleeding.
CARDIOVASCULAR AND OTHER RISKS
Estrogens with or without progestins should not be used for the prevention of cardiovascular disease or dementia.
The Women's Health Initiative (WHI) estrogen alone substudy reported increased risks of stroke and deep vein thrombosis (DVT) in postmenopausal women.
The estrogen plus progestin WHI substudy reported increased risks of myocardial infarction, stroke, invasive breast cancer, pulmonary emboli, and DVT in postmenopausal women.
The Women's Health Initiative Memory Study (WHIMS), a substudy of the WHI, reported increased risk of developing probable dementia in postmenopausal women aged 65 years or older. It is unknown whether this finding applies to younger postmenopausal women.
Because of these risks, estrogens with or without progestins should be prescribed at the lowest effective doses and for the shortest duration consistent with treatment goals and risks for the individual woman.
ESTRING is contraindicated in women with the following conditions: undiagnosed abnormal genital bleeding; known, suspected, or history of cancer of the breast, uterus or other estrogen-dependent neoplasia; active deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, or a history of these conditions; active or recent (eg, within the past year) arterial thromboembolic disease (eg, stroke, myocardial infarction); known liver dysfunction or disease; or hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients. ESTRING should not be used in women with known or suspected pregnancy.
The most frequently reported adverse events associated with ESTRING were headache, leukorrhea, back pain, genital moniliasis, upper respiratory tract infection, and vaginal discomfort/pain/hemorrhage.
Patient Eligibility Criteria
By using this savings card, the patient acknowledges that they currently meet the eligibility criteria and will comply with the terms and conditions described below:
- This savings card is not valid for prescriptions that are eligible to be reimbursed, in whole or in part, by Medicaid, Medicare, or other federal or state health care programs (including any state prescription drug assistance programs and the Government Health Insurance Plan available in Puerto Rico [formerly known as “La Reforma de Salud”]).
- This savings card is not valid for prescriptions that are eligible to be reimbursed by private insurance plans or other health or pharmacy benefit programs which reimburse the patient for the entire cost of their prescription drugs.
- Patients must be 18 or older.
- Patients pay the initial $15 of the cost of the prescription. Savings card is limited to $100 for each prescription—valid for up to 4 uses. If the co-pay exceeds $115, the patient will be responsible for the difference.
- The patient must deduct the value received under this program from any reimbursement request submitted to their insurance plan, either directly by the patient or on the patient’s behalf.
- This savings card is not valid for Massachusetts residents whose prescriptions are covered in whole or in part by third party insurance, or where otherwise prohibited by law.
- Savings card cannot be combined with any other rebate/coupon, free trial, or similar offer for the specified prescription.
- Savings card will be accepted only at participating pharmacies.
- This savings card is not health insurance.
- Offer good only in the US and Puerto Rico.
- Savings card is limited to 1 per person during this offering period and is not transferable.
- Pfizer reserves the right to rescind, revoke, or amend this offer without notice.
- Offer expires 3/31/2013.
For any questions, call Customer Service at 1-888-427-4437.
No membership fees. Available by prescription only. Offer valid through 3/31/2013 only in the United States and Puerto Rico.
Pfizer Inc, 235 East 42nd Street, New York, NY 10017. www.pfizer.com