XALATAN (latanoprost ophthalmic solution) Sterile Ophthalmic Solution is indicated for the reduction of elevated intraocular pressure in patients with open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension.
Eligible patients may pay as little as $4 per month with the XALATAN $4 Co-Pay Value Card
*XALATAN $4 Co-Pay Value Card Terms and Conditions
By using the XALATAN Value Card, you acknowledge that you currently meet the eligibility criteria and will comply with the terms and conditions described below:
- The Card is not valid for prescriptions that are eligible to be reimbursed, in whole or in part, by Medicaid, Medicare or other federal or state healthcare programs including any state prescription drug assistance programs and the Government Health Insurance Plan available in Puerto Rico (formerly known as "La Reforma de Salud").
- The Card is not valid for prescriptions that are eligible to be reimbursed by private insurance plans or other health or pharmacy benefit programs which reimburse you for the entire cost of your prescription drugs.
- You will receive up to $60 per month off the co-pay or out-of pocket costs, whichever is less through 12/31/2014. Consumer pays first $4 and gets up to $60 benefit per use on quantities of 7.49 mL and below or up to $180 benefit per use on quantities of 7.50 mL and above. Maximum benefit is $720 per calendar year.
- You must deduct the value received under this program from any reimbursement request submitted to your insurance plan, either directly by you or on your behalf.
- The Card is not valid for Massachusetts residents whose prescriptions are covered in whole or in part by third-party insurance, or where otherwise prohibited by law.
- Cannot be combined with any other rebate/coupon, free trial or similar offer for the specified prescription.
- The Card will be accepted only at participating pharmacies.
- This Card is not health insurance.
- Offer good only in the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
- The Card is limited to one person during this offering period and is not transferable.
- Pfizer reserves the right to rescind, revoke or amend the program without notice.
- No membership fees.
- Card and program expire 12/31/14.
- XALATAN $4 Savings Offer, 6501 Weston Parkway, Suite 370, Cary, NC 27513
XALATAN Sterile Ophthalmic Solution is indicated for the reduction of elevated intraocular pressure in patients with open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension.
Important Safety Information
XALATAN can cause changes to pigmented tissues. Most frequently reported are increased pigmentation of the iris, periorbital tissue (eyelid) and eyelashes, and growth of eyelashes. Pigmentation is expected to increase as long as XALATAN is administered. Iris pigmentation is likely to be permanent while eyelid skin darkening and eyelash changes may be reversible. The effects beyond 5 years are unknown.
Most common ocular events/signs and symptoms (5% to 15%) reported with XALATAN in the three 6-month registration trials included blurred vision, burning and stinging, conjunctival hyperemia, foreign-body sensation, itching, increased iris pigmentation, and punctate epithelial keratopathy.
XALATAN should be used with caution in patients with a history of intraocular inflammation (iritis/uveitis) and should generally not be used in patients with active intraocular inflammation. XALATAN should be used with caution in aphakic patients, in pseudophakic patients with a torn posterior lens capsule, or in patients with known risk factors for macular edema.
The recommended dosage of XALATAN is one drop (1.5 μg) in the affected eye(s) once daily in the evening. If one dose is missed, treatment should continue with the next dose as normal. The dosage of XALATAN should not exceed once daily; the combined use of two or more prostaglandins, or prostaglandin analogs including XALATAN, is not recommended. It has been shown that administration of these prostaglandin drug products more than once daily may decrease the intraocular pressure-lowering effect or cause paradoxical elevations in IOP.
There have been reports of bacterial keratitis associated with the use of multiple-dose containers of topical ophthalmic products.
Please see full prescribing information