IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION AND INDICATION
- *Use as directed. Take 1 pill in the morning for 14 days. May take 1 to 4 days for full effect.
- †Acid control (pH >4) does not imply symptom relief. The correlation of pH data to clinical outcome has not been directly established.
- ‡Prilosec OTC contains the active ingredient omeprazole magnesium 20.6 mg, equivalent to omeprazole 20 mg used in this study.
- §Based on a pharmacokinetic study. The correlation of pharmacokinetic variables to clinical outcome has not been directly established.
- Brands are trademarks of their respective owners.
References: 1. Lind T, Rydberg L, Kylebäck A, et al. Esomeprazole provides improved acid control vs. omeprazole in patients with symptoms of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2000;14(7):861-867. 2. Katz P, Kahrilas PJ, Johnson DA, et al. Daytime intragastric acid control: post hoc analyses of esomeprazole 20 mg and over-the-counter proton-pump inhibitors. Therap Adv Gastroenterol. 2015;8(6):322-330. 3. Wilder-Smith C, Lind T, Lundin C, Nauclér E, Nilsson-Pieschl C, Röhss K. Acid control with esomeprazole and lansoprazole: a comparative dose-response study. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2007;42(2):157-164. 4. National Sleep Foundation. Ease heartburn at bedtime. https://sleep.org/articles/ease-heartburn-bedtime/. Accessed August 6, 2018.