Indications and Dosing
PROTONIX is the brand you recognize, from the company you know—only from Pfizer.
PROTONIX for delayed-release oral suspension and PROTONIX delayed-release tablets are indicated for:
Short-term Treatment of Erosive Esophagitis Associated With Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)1
- PROTONIX is indicated in adults and pediatric patients 5 years of age and older for the short-term treatment (up to 8 weeks) in the healing and symptomatic relief of erosive esophagitis
- For those adult patients who have not healed after 8 weeks of treatment, an additional 8-week course of PROTONIX may be considered
- Safety of treatment beyond 8 weeks in pediatric patients has not been established
Maintenance of Healing of Erosive Esophagitis1
- PROTONIX is indicated for maintenance of healing of erosive esophagitis and reduction in relapse rates of daytime and nighttime heartburn symptoms in adult patients with GERD
- Controlled studies did not extend beyond 12 months
Pathological Hypersecretory Conditions Including Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome1
- PROTONIX is indicated for the long-term treatment of pathological hypersecretory conditions, including Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
- 40 mg, pale yellowish to dark brownish, enteric-coated granules in a unit dose packet