IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION AND INDICATION
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION AND INDICATION
RELPAX® (eletriptan HBr) is contraindicated for patients with:
- History of coronary artery disease (CAD) or coronary artery vasospasm
- Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome or other cardiac accessory conduction pathway disorders
- History of stroke, transient ischemic attack, or history or current evidence of hemiplegic or basilar migraine
- Peripheral vascular disease
- Ischemic bowel disease
- Uncontrolled hypertension
- Within 24 hours of treatment with another 5-HT1 agonist, or an ergotamine-containing medication
- Hypersensitivity to RELPAX (angioedema and anaphylaxis seen)
- Within at least 72 hours of treatment with the following potent CYP3A4 inhibitors: ketoconazole, itraconazole, nefazodone, troleandomycin, clarithromycin, ritonavir, or nelfinavir
RELPAX may cause the following:
- Myocardial ischemia/infarction, Prinzmetal’s angina. These events may occur even in patients without known disease. Perform cardiac evaluation in triptan-naïve patients with multiple risk factors and, if satisfactory, administer first dose of RELPAX in a medically supervised setting
- Arrhythmias: discontinue RELPAX if these disturbances occur
- Sensations of chest/throat/neck/jaw pain, tightness, pressure, or heaviness commonly occur after treatment with RELPAX and are usually non-cardiac in origin. Perform a cardiac evaluation if these patients are at cardiac risk
- Cerebrovascular events, some fatal; non-coronary vasospastic reactions, such as gastrointestinal vascular ischemia and Raynaud’s syndrome; and increases in blood pressure have been reported with RELPAX. Discontinue the use of RELPAX if any of these events occur
- Overuse of acute migraine drugs may lead to exacerbation headache (medication overuse headache). Detoxification of patients, including withdrawal of the overused drugs, and treatment of withdrawal symptoms may be necessary
- Serotonin syndrome may occur with RELPAX particularly during co-administration with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), serotonin norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs), tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs), and monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs). The onset of symptoms usually occurs within minutes to hours of receiving a new or greater dose of a serotonergic medication. Discontinue RELPAX if serotonin syndrome is suspected
In clinical trials, the most common adverse events reported with treatment with RELPAX 40 mg compared with placebo were dizziness (6% vs 3%), somnolence (6% vs 4%), asthenia (5% vs 3%), and nausea (5% vs 5%).
Available human data on the use of RELPAX in pregnant women are not sufficient to draw conclusions about drug-associated risk for major birth defects and miscarriage.
RELPAX is a serotonin (5-HT1B/1D) receptor agonist (triptan) indicated for the acute treatment of migraine with or without aura. RELPAX should be used only after a clear diagnosis of migraine has been established. It is not recommended for the prophylactic treatment of migraine or for the treatment of cluster headache.
Terms and Conditions
By using the RELPAX® (eletriptan hydrobromide) $4 Savings Offer, you acknowledge that you currently meet the eligibility criteria and will comply with the terms and conditions described below:
- Patients are not eligible to use this Savings Offer if they are enrolled in a state or federally funded insurance program, including but not limited to Medicare, Medicaid, TRICARE, Veterans Affairs healthcare, a state prescription drug assistance program, or the Government Health Insurance Plan available in Puerto Rico (formerly known as “La Reforma de Salud”)
- Patients must have private insurance. This Savings Offer is not valid for cash-paying patients. The value of this Savings Offer is limited to $250 per use or the amount of your co-pay, whichever is less
- This Savings Offer is not valid when the entire cost of your prescription drug is eligible to be reimbursed by your private insurance plans or other health or pharmacy benefit programs
- You must deduct the savings received under this program from any reimbursement request submitted to your insurance plan, either directly by you or on your behalf
- You are responsible for reporting use of this Savings Offer to any private insurer, health plan, or other third party who pays for or reimburses any part of the prescription filled using this Savings Offer, as may be required. You should not use this Savings Offer if your insurer or health plan prohibits use of manufacturer Savings Offers
- Eligible patients may pay a minimum of $4 per monthly prescription fill. By using this Savings Offer, eligible patients may receive a savings of up to $250 per fill off their co-pay or out-of-pocket costs. This Savings Offer is available for a maximum savings of $3,000 per year ($250 per month x 12 months). This Savings Offer may limit your prescription cost to $4, subject to a maximum $250 monthly benefit. Thus, if your co-pay or out-of-pocket cost is more than $250, you will save $250 off of your co-pay or total out-of-pocket costs. [Example: If your co-pay or out-of-pocket costs are $275, you will pay $25 ($275 – $250 = $25).] If your co-pay or out-of-pocket costs are no more than $250, you pay $4. For a mail-order 3-month prescription, your total maximum savings will be $750 ($250 x 3)
- You must be 18 years of age or older to redeem this Savings Offer
- This Savings Offer is not valid (i) for Massachusetts residents or (ii) for California residents whose prescriptions are covered, in whole or in part, by third-party insurance
- This Savings Offer is not valid where prohibited by law
- The Savings Offer cannot be combined with any other savings, free trial, or similar offer for the specified prescription
- The Savings Offer will be accepted only at participating pharmacies
- The Savings Offer is not health insurance
- This Savings Offer may not be redeemed more than once per 30 days per patient
- This Savings Offer is good only in the U.S. and Puerto Rico
- The Savings Offer is limited to 1 per person during this offering period and is not transferable
- No other purchase is necessary
- Data related to your redemption of this Savings Offer may be collected, analyzed, and shared with Pfizer for market research and other purposes related to assessing Pfizer’s programs. Data shared with Pfizer will be aggregated and de-identified; it will be combined with data related to other Savings Offer redemptions and will not identify you
- Pfizer reserves the right to rescind, revoke, or amend the program without notice
- No membership fees. This Savings Offer and Program expire on 12/31/2022
- For help with the RELPAX Savings Offer, call 1-800-926-5334, visit RELPAX.com, or write: Pfizer Inc., 235 E 42nd Street, New York, NY 10017
For reimbursement when using a nonparticipating pharmacy/mail order: Pay for your RELPAX prescription and mail copy of original pharmacy receipt (cash register receipt NOT valid) with product name, date, and amount circled to: PO Box 6875, Bridgewater, NJ 08807. Be sure to include a copy of the front of your RELPAX Savings Card, your name, and mailing address. Please expect up to 4 to 6 weeks for reimbursement.
- Sandrini G, Färkkilä M, Burgess G, Forster E, Haughie S, for the Eletriptan Steering Committee. Eletriptan vs sumatriptan: a double-blind, placebo-controlled, multiple migraine attack study. Neurology. 2002;59(8):1210-1217.
- Mathew NT, Schoenen J, Winner P, Muirhead N, Sikes CR. Comparative efficacy of eletriptan 40 mg versus sumatriptan 100 mg. Headache. 2003;43(3):214-222.
Imitrex® (sumatriptan succinate) is a registered trademark of GlaxoSmithKline.